here is a link that made me think - this guy is right - this is how I recruit myself when I do so - look for the person you are hiring, not the skillset, not the qualifications, not just the achievements - the person.
Is this guy going to actually help you in the day to day work? will he/she help you to deliver even if its not 'just his job'?
Do you choose him/her to go to the battle with, to save you when you need, to depend on him/her?
Will he/she see the overall picture more important than their own personal goals?
When I recruit a developer I recruit a helping hand who wishes to complete a professional job.
I can help him with the skills, with the practices. But I need his will.
Will is not enough however, its just a very important part. The other part is ability - you need the ability to: learn, communicate and see the whole picture. Self confidence is important to a level, not too much though.
I have seen average people do extraordinary things just because of these 3 abilities.
I have seen extraordinary people failing because they do not have these 3 abilities.
To succeed you do not need to be extraordinary in your abilities or skills, you need only these 3 abilities fine tuned.
Allot of people do not see themselves succeed because they think to themselves 'I am only an average guy, never been successful' - well, successful people only succeed because they know they are not any better than others and all then need is to keep doing the same 3 basic things (with a touch to self confidence) - learn (new things and from mistakes), communicate (to the right people) and see the whole picture (do not let small details obstacles to stop you).
Good luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment